- "The miners are lightly armed, barely a threat."
- ―Darth Vader
- "The miners have surrendered, my Lord. The last survivors are being rounded up. I have our casualty reports—fourteen dead, twenty-three wound—"
- ―Commander Vill reports the Imperial casualties to Darth Vader
Approximately four months after the Declaration of a New Order, the ionite miners of Bandomeer refused to honor their Republic contracts with the Galactic Empire. In order to teach them to treat the new government with respect, Emperor Palpatine ordered his apprentice, Darth Vader, to deal with the local resistance.
The Imperial Army quickly overwhelmed the lightly armed miners and established control over the planet. However, despite the success of the mission, Darth Vader continued to doubt if the Emperor sent him to Bandomeer to simply get him out of the way, as he believed that he should be hunting Jedi like Dass Jennir. His doubts were confirmed afterwards, when he met with Commander Vill upon a cliff, overlooking the battlefields. Vill reported on the successful battle and the minor casualties the Imperials had suffered. Vader then asked Vill whether there was a Contingency Order for Vader's assassination, as there had been for the Jedi Order. Vill hesitated to answer, which led Vader to Force push the clone stormtrooper from the cliff, killing him, and then covering himself to a passing by clone stormtrooper by claiming that Vill had simply fell.
- Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (First appearance)
- Dark Times 14: Blue Harvest, Part 2
- Dark Times 15: Blue Harvest, Part 3
- Dark Times—Fire Carrier 1 (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Times—A Spark Remains 1 (Indirect mention only)
- The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Dark Times 12: Vector, Part 6
- ↑ Star Wars: Dark Times: Blue Harvest
- ↑ The Last Jedi
- ↑ Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1
- ↑ Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241 establishes the Declaration of a New Order as occurring in 16:5, while Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1 states that the battle of Bandomeer occurred four months after the the formation of the Empire.