- "In 4017 BBY, Crusaders appeared in the Core Worlds, waging war against the inhabitants of Basilisk."
- ―Vilnau Teupt
The Battle of Basilisk was fought during the early days of the Great Sith War.
On the world of Basilisk, the Mandalorians began their holy crusade against the Basiliskans. Even with Republic reinforcements, the Basiliskans were outmatched and poisoned their own planet in a last ditch effort to drive away the invaders.
The Mandalorians abandoned the planet, but succeeded in capturing a large group of Basiliskans. These creatures would later become the Lagartoz War Dragons. The battle claimed the life of Jedi Master Sidrona Diath, Supreme Chancellor of the Republic.[source?] The Mandalorians would eventually move from Basilisk to the planet of Kuar, where Mandalore the Indomitable later dueled the Jedi Ulic Qel-Droma.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1: Masters and Students of the Force (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 1"—Star Wars Insider 26
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 3"—Star Wars Insider 28
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare