- "This was our chance to apprehend Dooku and his cyborg General and finally end this war."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, disappointed by the Battle of Boz Pity
The Battle of Boz Pity was a major battle in the final year of the Clone Wars. Major Separatist activity on Boz Pity was discovered by Obi-Wan Kenobi during his search for Asajj Ventress. The Jedi Order supported a mission to investigate, which led to a full scale battle with some of the greatest heroes from both sides of the war.
Running the blockadeEdit
The Separatists had blockaded the graveyard planet Boz Pity with over one hundred warships. The Jedi plan was for the Star Destroyer Intervention to come out of hyperspace between the blockade and the planet. Anakin Skywalker, perhaps the most gifted pilot in the Order, attempted to accomplish this, but brought the ship out of hyperspace too close to the planet's gravitational pull. The Intervention crashed on the surface of Boz Pity after launching all fighters and escape pods, damaged beyond repair. In the space battle above, Commander Denn Wessex commanded the Venator-class Star Destroyer Redoubt.
- "If we can capture the Confederacy leadership, we might be able to end this war."
- ―Mace Windu
Clone trooper forces landing from the escape pods jettisoned from the Intervention were quickly engaged and sustained many casualties to the point of falling back when the Jedi Generals arrived with reinforcements and then proceeded to quickly cut through the droid ranks. The forces of the Republic now fully engaged with the Confederacy of Independent Systems on the planet's surface, led by the Jedi Generals, were quick to engage in primarily targeting the CIS medical facility. Master Soon Bayts attempted to secure the entrance, quickly disposing of the cordon of droid guards with the first wave of troops. Soon after, General Grievous appeared, and crushed Bayts' head with his hand, then proceeding to massacre their clone forces. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan Kenobi infiltrated the CIS medical center. He discovered Asajj Ventress in a bacta tank and Count Dooku observing her. After a short conversation with Dooku, Asajj destroyed her bacta tank and engaged Obi-Wan.
Back on the battlefield Alpha, and the remainder of Squad Seven, continued to repel the massive waves of droid forces. Grievous soon re-appeared in the heat of the battle, quickly taking care of several clones before proceeding to impale Alpha, Mace Windu then proceeded to drop a STAP on the General, disabling him for the remainder of the battle.
Across the landscape, Kit Fisto and Anakin attempted to aid Alpha, before Obi-Wan was sent crashing through the wall of the Separatist base by Ventress. Their battle brought them back onto the battlefield, where Anakin joined in. Obi-Wan sabotaged Anakin's attempts to kill Asajj, though, believing she could still be redeemed. Dooku also left the medical center, but was soon after attacked by Mace Windu. The two of them engaged in a brief, inconclusive duel before Dooku had his MagnaGuards grapple the Jedi, disarming him and dragging him into a pit to facilitate Dooku's escape. With Windu occupied, Dooku headed for the evacuation point, taking Grievous's mangled body along with him. In the process of fleeing, Dooku allowed Mace Windu, a long-time rival and former good friend to involuntarily beat him.
Meanwhile, Asajj disengaged from Obi-Wan and Anakin, and headed for the Separatist shuttles away from the main battle. However, Dooku, not wishing her to delay his escape, ordered her shot, and left her behind as a distraction. Asajj attempted to kill Obi-Wan with a jagged steel fragment, but was thwarted by Anakin as the two Jedi approached her. She then expressed some measure of repentance, saying that perhaps Obi-Wan had been correct about her all along and appeared to die. Obi-Wan had her body transported to Coruscant. The blockade apparently retreated or was dispersed.
- "I'm being sent to Boz Pity, where there are clones in need of a General."
- ―Quinlan Vos
Asajj Ventress had used Sith meditation to feign her death. She woke up in the medical transport and ordered the pilots to take her away from the Jedi, the war, and Count Dooku. Commander Wessex's actions during the Battle of Boz Pity made him a hero and convinced Palpatine to make him a Moff shortly afterwards. 
Following the battle, Boz Pity was made into a staging area for Grand Army units under Jedi General Quinlan Vos fighting in the Outer Rim Sieges. In addition, Vos was deployed to the area shortly after the events of the Battle of Coruscant and the events of the Siege of Saleucami.
- Obsession 4 (First appearance)
- Obsession 5 (First identified as Battle of Boz Pity)
- Brothers in Arms (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Indirect mention only)
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel (Indirect mention only)
- Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous"—Star Wars Insider 86
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 Obsession 4
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 Obsession 5
- ↑ "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24"—Star Wars Insider 84
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- ↑ Obsession 3
- ↑ Republic 77: Siege of Saleucami, Part 4
- ↑ Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader