|Battle of Cavamina Minor|
c. 22 BBY
- "'Personal enjoyment isn't reason enough? What you Jedi don't understand is that your wars are pointless. And the longer they drag out—the longer I can drag them out—the richer I get. So why not have some fun, too?"
- ―Attuma Duum explaining the rationale behind the battle to Aayla Secura
The Jedi Master Aayla Secura was assigned to arrest the mercenary Attuma Duum. Her mission failed, and she fled Duum's men, arriving into the hands of the former Jedi Shon-Ju and his students. Secura and Shon-Ju agreed to join forces to stop Duum. Duum, for his part, was playing both sides of the Clone Wars against each other, and planted false evidence to draw a Republic Navy and Confederate Navy fleet to his system.
- "We have them! Keep pushing—keep driving them down!"
- ―The Skakoan commander
Duum seeded the space around the moon of Cavamina Minor with six hundred thousand space mines, and the Republic Venator Star Destroyers, ARC-170 starfighters, and CR25 troop carriers reverted from hyperspace right into the mine field. The Separatist fleet s Munificent-class star frigates, battleships, and droid starfighters also experienced the same problem. Seeing an opposing fleet instead of the merchant convoy Duum had promised them, both fleet commanders ordered their crews to open fire on the other.
Secura and Shon-Ju infiltrated Attuma Duum's headquarters and managed to disable the deflector shields protecting the station from the asteroid field. As the station died, Shon-Ju betrayed Secura, inadvertently allowing Duum to escape. The Republic fleet withdrew after taking heavy casualties, including the cruiser Vagabond.
- "Yes, tragic the events were—but a failure your mission was not. Destroyed was Duum's operation. And sense a change in you I do, Aayla Secura."
"Yes...maybe. Perhaps I found something within myself that was missing before."
- ―Yoda and Secura after her mission to Cavamina Minor
Behind the scenesEdit
This battle appears in the 2010 graphic novella Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju. The Separatist Skakoan commander appears to be Wat Tambor but is not identified.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju (First appearance)