- "This is where the fun begins!"
- ―Anakin Skywalker
The Battle of Coruscant was a battle that took place over Coruscant during the final days of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The battle began when the Separatists launched a massive assault on Coruscant, the Republic's capital. It was orchestrated by the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, who was secretly Supreme Chancellor Palpatine of the Republic. Sidious arranged for himself to be kidnapped, as Palpatine, by the cyborg General Grievous as part of a plot to bring Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker closer to the dark side of the Force.
General Grievous and Count Dooku managed to reach Coruscant with a massive fleet and attacked the Republic Navy vessels defending the planet. After the battle commenced, Skywalker and Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi led a mission to rescue the Supreme Chancellor. This brought the two into a lightsaber duel with the Sith Lord Count Dooku, who, at Palpatine's goading, Skywalker executed. Although briefly detained by General Grievous, the Jedi and the Chancellor were able to escape.
- "Soon I will have a new apprentice, one far younger and more powerful."
- ―Darth Sidious, conferring with General Grievous after the battle
With the loss of Dooku, Grievous assumed the title head of state of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, but it greatly destabilized the Separatists control structure. Without the assurances of victory from Dooku, the members of the Separatist Council began to doubt the abilities of their new leader to keep them safe for much longer. Back on Coruscant, the Jedi Council made tracking down Grievous and bringing him to justice their utmost priority.
The Jedi Order would go on to track him to Utapau, where they launched a battle in which Kenobi confronted and killed him. Palpatine, meanwhile, successfully achieved his goal of converting Skywalker to the dark side and took the fallen Jedi Knight as his new apprentice, replacing Dooku. The Chancellor dubbed Skywalker as Darth Vader and executed Order 66, branding the Jedi as traitors. With the Jedi Order destroyed, Palpatine transformed the Republic into the Galactic Empire.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Lords of the Sith (Mentioned only)
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 2.30 2.31 2.32 2.33 2.34 2.35 2.36 2.37 2.38 2.39 2.40 2.41 2.42 2.43 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ screenshot)—The tweet in question refers to the number of in-universe years between the canon films and television shows. Using simple math, we can deduce the number of years between the Battle of Coruscant (Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith) and the Battle of Yavin (Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope). . “0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36” (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Ultimate Star Wars