Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Master Windu still fights on Dantooine."
The Battle of Dantooine took place during the Clone Wars, four months after the First Battle of Geonosis. Fought on the grassy plains of Dantooine, it pitted a small unit of the Grand Army of the Republic against a massive number of battle droids.
The Battle of Dantooine began immediately before the Battle of Muunilinst. During said battle, the Confederacy of Independent Systems used Dantooine as a staging point to launch an attack against the assault ship blockade around the InterGalactic Banking Clan headquarters. However, Jedi Master Mace Windu learned of the Confederate presence on Dantooine, and left with a force of clone troopers to halt the progress of the Separatists.
- "Ah, yes, I understand that congratulations are in order, General Windu. You have been most successful to date with your facet of the war. Your work on Dantooine was exceptional, I hear."
- ―Lanius Qel-Bertuk
The battle erupted on Dantooine as clones and B2 super battle droids clashed in a vast, open plain. Clones used PLX-1 portable missile launcher to destroy scores of droids, whereas the droids used their own missile launchers to shoot down many gunships and overwhelming numbers to cause many casualties in the clone ranks. However, with Master Windu at their side, the clones slowly gained the upper hand, despite being outnumbered nearly four to one by Confederate super battle droids. However, the battle was suddenly turned upside down with the arrival of a large siege weapon—the seismic tank.
This tank used its seismic driver—used for mining operations in peaceful days—to cut a swath through the clone trooper ranks, either crushing them outright or sending soldiers flying from the shockwave, along with taking out a contingent of their own forces. In the confusion, Windu lost his lightsaber, and was forced to fight a number of droids unarmed. The ability with the Force that he showed in that battle has since become legendary: During the fight, he eluded and obliterated droids by multiple Force moves as the Force push, Force speed and the Force wave, a technique so powerful it incapacitated droids within a 50-meter radius, and in one particular fight, Windu disassembled a super battle droid and used its pieces to destroy the other remaining droids.
Retrieving his lightsaber amid another seismic shockwave, Windu flew towards the seismic tank. Windu cut his way in, disabled the seismic driver, destroyed the tank's droid crew by pushing the crew out the window, and knocked out the controls. Flying clear, Windu watched on as the seismic tank smashed into the ground and exploded. After he landed, a small boy gave him a bottle of water. The battle was won.
Attack on the failed Jedi students
A taskforce of droids was dispatched during the battle to attack a farm that was run by failed Jedi students. With the help of their Force powers and their banthas, the former Jedi were able to defeat their attackers, despite their lack of weapons. Afterward, they fled the planet in their airship and decided to fly it to Coruscant.
Windu's remaining troops required medical supplies, leading Jedi Padawans Barriss Offee and Ahsoka Tano to take a medical frigate to collect the supplies from a medical station near Ord Cestus. However, their ship was overrun by a batch of Geonosian brain worms before they could complete the supply run.
Behind the scenes
The Battle of Dantooine was created for the Star Wars: Clone Wars television micro-series. It later received a mention in "Brain Invaders," an episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 37 confirmed that both conflicts were the same.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 12" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 13"
- "Graduation Day"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 10
- Star Wars: Clone Wars PhotoComic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders" (Indirect mention only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Clone Strike
- The New Essential Chronology (First identified as Battle of Dantooine)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See Dantooine)
- The Essential Atlas
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (Collection: Jedi Battle Logs Vol 1)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 6 (Dark Side Influence)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 37 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Dantooine)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 12"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 "Graduation Day"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 10
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- ↑ Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 37 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Dantooine)