- "But that's the past... I've destroyed that!"
- ―Beilert Valance
Early in the Galactic Civil War, the Rebel bases in the Kwymar sector came under attack by the Imperial forces in a campaign known as the Kwymar Suppressions. Doniphon was one of those planets attacked.
During the battle, many stormtroopers were strafed by Rebel starfighters. One of the injured officers was Sergeant Major Beilert Valance. His platoon was struck by a proton torpedo. Despite those heavy causalities, The Imperial forces were eventually victorious.
Behind the scenesEdit
The planet where Valance was injured in Star Wars 16: The Hunter was retconed as Doniphon by author Jason Fry in the miniature scenarios The Hunt Within: Valance's Tale. Fry named the planet after Tom Doniphon, John Wayne's character in the 1962 western movie The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ "Combat Moon"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- ↑ "Picutorion Viewed From the Top"—Imperial Sourcebook
- ↑ "The Assault on Protazk"—Imperial Sourcebook
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars 16: The Hunter
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia