- "The New Republic is winning, even as we speak. You and your fellow resistance members are to be congratulated. Garos IV is free."
- ―Jaalib Brandl
The Battle of Garos occurred during the Galactic Civil War shortly after the end of the Thrawn campaign. The planet Garos IV was freed by the New Republic after years of intense local resistance against the Galactic Empire.
Following the death of Grand Admiral Thrawn, Alexandra Winger, a member of the Garosian resistance, was involved in a mission on the planet Sarahwiee with Luke Skywalker and the Page's Commandos. Alex Winger's actions brought Garos IV's situation to the attention of the New Republic which sent a fleet to Garos.
- "The New Republic forces have arrived. They should be here in a few minutes."
- ―Jaalib Brandl
During the beginning battle, Alexandra Winger and her adoptive father, the Imperial Governor of Garos IV were kidnapped by Brandl who decided to betray the Empire and kill the governor. Tork Winger was severely injured but Alex managed to convince the Dark Jedi to release them.
The New Republic fought the outnumbered Imperial forces on the planet, with support of the Garosian resistance. The battle was short and damage to the planet was light. Matt Turhaya, Alex Winger's biological father was killed during the assault.
- "Betrayal by Knight"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12 (First mentioned)
- (Mentioned only) (First identified as Battle of Garos)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- (Indirect mention only)
- Galaxy at War (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 "Betrayal by Knight"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Galaxy at War, p. 114
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ "Rendezvous with Destiny"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin