The Battle of Kalarba was a battle during the Yuuzhan Vong War that saw the destruction of Kalarba and its moon Hosk Station through the use of the Yo'gand's Core tactic employed earlier at Sernpidal.
In an attempt to cut off the Corellian Run, the Yuuzhan Vong attacked Kalarba and Hosk Station. During the assault, the Yuuzhan Vong deployed the Yo'gand Core tactic which involved using a Dovin basal to pull Hosk Station into a collision course with Kalarba. In response, the New Republic began evacuating the populations of both worlds. Fortunately, many lives were saved before both the station and planet were destroyed.
During the space battle, Lieutenant Jaina Solo, along with Rogue Squadron and their Chiss allies, engaged the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. However, the Yuuzhan Vong then assaulted the New Republic flagship the Bothan Assault Cruiser Champion. Jaina attempted to defend the ship though the Yuuzhan Vong succeeded in destroying it. The explosion destroyed Jaina Solo's X-wing though she managed to eject and was eventually retrieved. Unfortunately for her, she suffered injuries that temporarily blinded her. Jaina then received a medical leave transfer to Duro.
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (First identified as Battle of Kalarba)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Solo, Jaina")
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion places the start of Balance Point ten months after the Destruction of Sernpidal, which occurs in 60.5 per The Essential Atlas.
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, p. 23