The Battle of Kamino was fought during the Clone Wars between the Jedi-led Grand Army of the Galactic Republic and the Droid Army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The Separatists launched the battle as one of their key campaigns during the war, hoping to capture Kamino and eliminate the cloning facilities in Tipoca City, thus depriving the Republic from creating more clone troopers for their army. The Separatists, led by General Grievous and Asajj Ventress, were repelled by the Republic.
Following the destruction of Rishi Station, Jedi Generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi intercepted a transmission between Confederate General Grievous and assassin Asajj Ventress. They were planing an attack on Kamino. Thus, Skywalker, Obi-Wan, Commander Cody, Captain Rex and the troopers of the 501st Legion were then sent to reinforce the blockade and General Shaak Ti's forces at the cloning facilities in Tipoca City.
- "I'm going to press the attack, Master."
"No, Anakin. Wait! It's too easy. Not even Grievous would attack so recklessly."
"Master, the battle's up here in space, not down there."
"The debris from the destroyed Separatist ships is the key."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
When Grievous's fleet approached Kamino, the blockade under Admiral Wullf Yularen held the line against the Confederate fleet. Skywalker and Broadside then led the fighter squadrons against the fleet. Grievous sacrificed his larger transports to protect his command ship. When debris from Grievous's fleet fell into the ocean, Ventress ordered her aqua droids to assemble the assault crafts.
However, General Kenobi suspected that debris was a clue. So, Kenobi took a Kamino sub down into the ocean to investigate. There, he discovered the aqua droids assembling the assault crafts. Kenobi was then attacked by four of the aqua droids. He was then forced to abandon the submarine. Kenobi was then saved by a Aiwha.
Assault on Tipoca CityEdit
- "Keep playing with your droids. I'll handle breaking into the DNA room."
"Shall I provide you with a droid escort?"
"My dear General, there's nothing you have that I could want."
- ―Asajj Ventress and General Grievous, separating to complete their mission objectives
The Trident assault ships then came out of the ocean and attacked Tipoca City. The aqua droids under Ventress then led the attack against the clone troopers under Commander Colt and his fellow ARC Trooper Havoc. General Grievous then landed with his battle droids. After killing Colt, Ventress and Grievous discuss their plans. While Grievous would attack the clone barracks, Ventress would secure a sample of the clones' DNA.
During this time, troopers Fives and Echo were acting as snipers. They were then given grenades by 99 after Havoc was killed. They then found a group of Clone cadets and took them to the barracks. Once there, they were joined by Captain Rex and Commander Cody. Together, they prepared to fight Grievous's forces. When battle droids were about to enter the barracks, Cody, Rex and the others were able to attack them. Grievous was then confronted by Kenobi and the two dueled. They fought until they got to a platform where a Trident assault ship destroyed the platform. Grievous thought Kenobi had fallen to his death, but was actually saved once again by an Aiwha.
Ventress then entered the DNA room and retrieved a DNA sample. However, she was then confronted by Skywalker. The two then fought until Ventress lost the sample and was surrounded by clone troopers. As Skywalker was about to let his troopers execute Ventress, Grievous came in a flight pod. Ventress was then able to board the Pod and retreated.
During this time, Rex, Cody, their troops and the clone cadets were able to destroy the battle droids. However, 99 was killed in the cross fire. Several ARF troopers then destroyed the last Trident assault ship.
For their actions during the battle, Echo and Fives were then promoted to ARC troopers.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Tarkin (Mentioned only) (First identified as Battle of Kamino)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- "Asajj Ventress: A-Typical Anti-Hero"—Star Wars Insider 159
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 3.28 3.29 3.30 3.31 3.32 3.33 3.34 3.35 3.36 3.37 3.38 3.39 3.40 3.41 3.42 3.43 3.44 3.45 3.46 3.47 3.48 3.49 3.50 3.51 3.52 3.53 3.54 3.55 3.56 3.57 3.58 3.59 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"