Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Backed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Mandalorian Protectors initiated a battle on the planet Kamino in 20 BBY during the Clone Wars. The Mandalorian and Separatist forces planned to eliminate the Republic's military resources by attacking their cloning facilities on the water world.
It was assumed that there was only one cloning facility and its destruction would have been a major setback for Republic forces. This attempt was foiled by the defense put up by the planet's clone garrison.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "The Protectors hit the Republic hard at the Battles of New Bomalex, New Holstice, Null, and Zaadja, as well as the Second Battle of Kamino."
- ―The sourcebook Galaxy at War giving the Mandalorian Kamino battle its canonical name
Originally this battle on Kamino was mentioned in several sources as a Mandalorian attack on Kamino which took place in 20 BBY. With the release of the 2009 Galaxy at War, the sourcebook gave the Mandalorian attack on Kamino its name—the Second Battle on Kamino—which followed the first Clone Wars Kamino battle, which took place in 22 BBY. However, in 2010, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series episode "ARC Troopers" introduced another battle on Kamino. Due to the unestablished timeline of The Clone Wars, the date in which the "ARC Troopers" Kamino battle took place is not confirmed, thus conflicting with the Second Battle of Kamino's canonical name. Until a cohesive timeline is released, this article assumes that the name of the 20 BBY Mandalorian attack on Kamino is currently conjecture.
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80 (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- (Indirect mention only)
- Galaxy at War (First identified as Second Battle of Kamino)