During the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Republic forces under the leadership of Jedi Master Orgus Din and Lieutenant Harron Tavus of the elite Republic Special Forces Division unit Havoc Squad drove back an invasion attempt by the Empire on the planet Karideph. Part of the twenty-eight-year Minos Cluster Campaign, the battle saw both Din and Tavus named the "Heroes of Karideph" for their bravery during the fighting.
When the Sith Empire returned to the galaxy in 3681 BBY and sparked the Great Galactic War with the Galactic Republic, the Imperial Military launched a campaign to conquer the resource-rich Minos Cluster. The resulting offensive lasted the entire twenty-eight years of the war, with Jedi and the Republic Army battling the Imperial Army and its Sith leaders across the entire sector for almost three decades.
The Jedi Master Orgus Din was among the many Jedi who were stationed in the Minos Cluster for long periods of time, and by the end of the war Din had seen more fighting alongside Republic soldiers than any other surviving Jedi. After the Republic defeated the Empire at the Battle of Alderaan in 3667 BBY, Harron Tavus was recruited into Havoc Squad—an elite unit in the Republic's newly formed Special Forces Division, and he was eventually stationed in the Minos Cluster as well. Tavus and Din soon became friends, and the two led Republic forces on many highly successful raids against Imperial forces throughout the Minos Cluster.
Sometime before the end of the war in 3653 BBY, the Empire attempted to invade the planet Karideph, a world whose main industry was the production of foodstuffs. However, Din and Tavus led the Republic Military in a counterattack on Karideph, successfully turning back the Imperial offensive and forcing the Empire to abandon its invasion efforts.
For their bravery and leadership in the battle on Karideph, both Din and Tavus were named the "Heroes of Karideph," and the two continued to serve in the battle for the Minos Cluster until the Empire withdrew its forces in 3653 BBY as an offer of peace.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia states that Harron Tavus was recruited into Havoc Squad after the Battle of Alderaan in 3667 BBY, meaning that Orgus Din and Tavus must have fought together at Karideph sometime after 3,667 BBY but before the end of the war in 3653 BBY.
- ↑ Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic, Threat of Peace Act 1: Treaty of Coruscant
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters