- "You're listening to the Grand Army of the Republic broadcast, the voice of the Outer Rim. This next one goes out to the Mud-Jumpers of the 224th, slugging it out on Mimban. Keep your heads down and your seals tight, boys."
- ―Bettie-Bot VJ
A battle took place on the planet Mimban in 22 BBY during the Clone Wars. A clone trooper unit, the 224th, was dispatched to the planet. During the battle, Clone Captain Sharp of the Republic was shot in the throat. The Mud-Jumpers of the 224th, while fighting on Mimban, received a shout-out from the host of a Republic HoloNet News channel broadcast.
In 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars, the Galactic Republic clone trooper unit known as the 224th was dispatched to the planet Mimban. During the battle, Clone Captain Sharp, who was serving with the Republic forces on Mimban, was injured when a blaster bolt hit his throat. The bolt distorted his voice, and he later told Jedi General Kit Fisto what had happened on Mimban during a battle on the planet Khorm.
The Mud-Jumpers of the 224th received a shout-out from Bettie-Bot VJ, the host of a Republic HoloNet News channel broadcast, during their fight on Mimban. Their shout-out was heard by a group of rookie clone troopers—Echo, Hevy, Fives, and Cutup—who were listening to the broadcast while maintaining a listening post on the moon of Rishi.
Behind the scenesEdit
The battle was first mentioned in "Rookies," the fifth episode in the first season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. The mention of the battle was minimal, only revealing that the 224th and Mud-Jumpers were fighting for the Republic. In the comic The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1, it was revealed that Captain Sharp served in the battle and was injured.
- The Clone Wars: Defenders of the Republic (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1 (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:4:14"—Star Wars Insider 67
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Clone Wars: Wild Space
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Essential Reader's Companion dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film to 22 BBY, while also dating The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key—which takes place sometime after "The Gungan General"—to 22 BBY. Since places "Rookies" between The Clone Wars film and "The Gungan General," it can be concluded that "Rookies" also takes place in 22 BBY.
- ↑ Neither "Rookies" nor Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1, the only two sources that mention the battle, identify the Republic's opposition force.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1