After the disaster at Fondor, the Yuuzhan Vong concluded that the Hutts were no longer reliable allies. Seeking retaliation—and to shore up his status for his role at Fondor—Nas Choka, the Supreme Commander of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet, lead an assault on Nal Hutta.
The Yuuzhan Vong pounded Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa, the moon of Nal Hutta, from orbit, unleashing massive destruction. The Yuuzhan Vong also unleashed bacteria, one designed to break down metallic structures, the other to attack the Hutt's formidable immune systems. The Yuuzhan Vong also invaded the planet with their warriors, only to be attacked by the Guardian Corps, antique battle droids that had once belonged to Xim, and had been preserved by the Hutts as a last defense. The ancient droids eventually perished, but not before slaying thousands of Yuuzhan Vong warriors. Eventually, the Hutts fled the planet, relocating to Tatooine, outside of Hutt Space. The Yuuzhan Vong then began to Vongform Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa to suit their own needs, and began a full invasion of Hutt Space. This led to the formation of the Hutt underground.
Nas Choka's campaigns in Hutt Space would continue, and his successes would eventually cause Shimrra Jamaane, the Supreme Overlord of the Yuuzhan Vong, to escalate him to Warmaster after the death of Tsavong Lah.
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- Legacy 41: Rogue's End (Indirect mention only)
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas