- "Well…I suppose the only one that really qualifies would be a short but violent battle off New Cov in the Churba sector."
- ―Leia Organa Solo, to Han Solo
A short but violent battle occurred near the planet New Cov between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. A month after General Garm Bel Iblis forces' raid on Tangrene, Bel Iblis met the Alliance member Borsk Fey'lya. The Bothan agreed to support Garm Bel Iblis's movement and set up a supply line through New Cov. The battle began when four Bothan starships under the command of Fey'lya found an Imperial Victory-class Star Destroyer investigating New Cov in the Churba sector. The Bothan ships kept the Star Destroyer busy until a Star Cruiser arrived to reinforce them. The battle allowed Fey'lya and Bel Iblis to keep their alliance secret for years. In 9 ABY, Han and Leia Organa Solo spoke of the battle while discussing Borsk Fey'lya's war activities.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Dark Force Rising (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Dark Force Rising
- ↑ The Dark Force Rising Sourcebook places the Battle of New Cov a month after the Raid on Tangrene and places the Raid on Tangrene three years after Garm Bel Iblis' split, that occurred in 0 ABY according to The New Essential Chronology.