- "A battle is coming, my brothers, a battle between the Sith and that which they fear the most—us."
- ―Darth Maul, to his Shadow Collective allies
A battle was fought between the Shadow Collective of Darth Maul and the Confederacy of Independent Systems on and in orbit of Ord Mantell during the Clone Wars. The battle was devised by Darth Maul and Mother Talzin, who suspected that the Sith and Separatists were trying to draw Talzin out into the open to destroy her. The battle was designed to capture Count Dooku and General Grievous by luring them into a trap on Ord Mantell.
Maul planned the trap along with his Shadow Collective allies, including Death Watch, the Black Sun, and the Pyke Syndicate, as well as Nightbrothers that Talzin sent as reinforcements. When the battle began, the Shadow Collective forces engaged the battle droid army on the surface, while Maul made his way into orbit and boarded Grievous' command ship. Grievous disabled the battle droid army after Maul gave him the choice to do so or die, and the cyborg general was taken into custody. Dooku, meanwhile, had engaged and defeated the Nightbrothers in battle, before being captured by Shadow Collective forces.
With the battle over, Maul contacted Talzin, who told him they would soon capture Darth Sidious and have their revenge against the Sith.
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Two (First appearance)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Four (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part One
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 3.28 3.29 3.30 3.31 3.32 3.33 3.34 3.35 3.36 3.37 3.38 3.39 3.40 3.41 3.42 3.43 3.44 3.45 Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Two
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ StarWarsRebels” (screenshot) . “Looks like Maul held on to a few things from his time as Mandalore's ruler. #