Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After the Imperial Starfleet, led by the Executor-class Star Dreadnought Reaper, under the command of Fleet Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, had successfully captured several of the New Republic planets in the Orinda campaign; the New Republic attempted a counterattack at Orinda, one of the planets captured by the Imperial Remnant one month earlier.
The Battle of Orinda one of the few known events where Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts fought one another.
The turn of the battle in favor of the Remnant came with the arrival of another Star Dreadnought, the Dominion, commanded by Admiral Teren Rogriss, and six Immobilizer 418 cruisers. Between them and the Reaper they rapidly destroyed the New Republic fleet carrier Endurance with all starfighters aboard after her captain had held the starfighters in reserve for as long as possible. Antilles was prepared to order an abandon ship until his own fighters were able to push a hole in the Interdictor screen and allow Lusankya's retreat under heavy fire. No further attempt was made to recover Orinda from the Remnant.
After the victory, Orinda became the temporary headquarters of Admiral Gilad Pellaeon.
- The Essential Chronology (First identified as Battle of Orinda)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "The Art of Warfare"—Star Wars Insider 133
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Essential Chronology
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The Battle of Nam Chorios—which occurs a month after Orinda, according to the New Essential Chronology—occurs in 13 ABY. The only way for Orinda to occur in 12 ABY and Nam Chorios in 13 ABY is if Nam Chorios was within a month of the division between the two years, meaning it must occur in 48:3. This means that Orinda must occur in 48:2, a month earlier.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.9 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost 2