Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "It seems as if Zaarin has developed some dangerous plans, and we believe the Emperor to be in great danger. I want you to join me, Colonel, on an urgent mission. You have trained in the new starfighter. I want you to accompany me and break through Zaarin's lines. I must get to Coruscant immediately."
- ―Darth Vader, to Maarek Stele
The Battle of Parmel was a battle fought during the Zaarin insurrection at Parmel system. It was the second conflict between the rogue forces of Demetrius Zaarin and his former masters of the Galactic Empire. Zaarin's forces tried to intercept a group of pilots, including Darth Vader and Maarek Stele, before they could reach Coruscant and prevent Zaarin's coup d'etat.
- "It's now clear that Admiral Zaarin has been plotting a coup d'etat against the Emperor."
- ―Imperial Officer
Having discovered Zaarin's treachery, Darth Vader rushed to Coruscant to prevent Zaarin's attempted coup. He had hand picked five elite pilots, including Colonel Maarek Stele, to assist him in flying six prototype TIE/D Defenders. Stele was designated Delta 1, while Vader flew Delta 6. The TIE Defenders were the fastest fighters usable to reach the Parmel system. There, they must rendezvous with the Nebulon-B2 frigate Osprey and use it in order to go to Coruscant as rapidly as possible.
- "Zaarin has prepared a trap for us ! We can't enter hyperespace as long as that Interdictor is here !"
- ―Darth Vader
However, upon exiting hyperspace they found instead Alpha-class Xg-1 Star Wings and an Immobilizer 418 cruiser, named Harpago. The superior Defenders easily fought off the attack from the Star Wings, as they waited for the arrival of the Nebulon-B2 frigate Osprey.
Once the Osprey arrived, the Harpago launched several waves of TIE/sa Bombers. Again, Vader and Delta squadron easily fought them off. Then, once the bombers were dispatched, Delta targeted the Harpago. The onslaught of torpedoes proved too much for the cruiser, which was destroyed.
Finally, with Zaarin's forces destroyed, Delta group boarded the Osprey, and headed to Coruscant to stop Zaarin.
Behind the scenesEdit
The battle was first featured in the 1994 LucasArts video game Star Wars: TIE Fighter, in which players fly as Maarek Stele. The battle is depicted in the mission "TIE Defenders," the fourth mission of the game's seventh tour of campaign, "Treachery at Ottega".
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (First appearance)