During the battle, the Padawans were ambushed by droid tri-fighters and fell in an underground temple, leading to the accidental discovery of a community of Ru. However, a group of battle droids ambushed the two Jedi and destroyed the Ru temple. After the temple's destruction, Tano and Offee decided to evacuate the remaining Ru to a safe location, far from the battle. Unfortunately, the LAAT/i gunship carrying the two Padawans and the Ru was ambushed by Vulture droids, leading to the death of the Ru, with only two Ru and the two Jedi surviving.
- "Anger, fear, hatred... These are the emotions of which a Jedi must be wary. But what about our guilt?"
- ―Barriss Offee, questioning the ideals of the Jedi
After witnessing the death of these innocents, Offee started to question the ideals and motives of the Jedi, believing that the Republic and the Jedi Order were culpable for their deaths. In time, she reached the conclusion that the Jedi Order had become an instrument of the dark side, by becoming generals in a war to protect a corrupt Galactic Senate. This encouraged Offee to help in a terrorist act against the Jedi Order and blame it on Tano, her closest friend.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ "Deadly Allies"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.51
- ↑ "Update"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.53
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 "Paradise Lost"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.52
- ↑ This event is set after "Bounty" (20 BBY), as "Mandalorian Memories" serves as a prequel to the episode. Considering that the comics featured in Star Wars Comic UK are published in chronological order, it can be concluded that "Paradise Lost" takes place in 20 BBY.
- ↑ "The Coruscant Holo Net: Ru-ful War"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.52