- "We're under attack by the Separatist garrison. Looks to be a full invasion."
- ―Commander Thorn
Initially Republic and Separatist forces had met on Scipio to jointly preside over the installation of Rush Clovis as leader of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. The Republic's representative, Senator Padmé Amidala was accompanied by clone shock troopers of the Coruscant Guard under the command of Commander Thorn.
However, Clovis found himself being blackmailed by Separatist leader, Count Dooku, to raise interest rates towards the Republic and not the Separatists and allow the Separatists to take full control of the bank. At the same time, Separatist forces attacked Commander Thorn and the Coruscant Guard forces. Commander Thorn notified Senator Amidala about the invasion who in turn notified Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and the Jedi on Coruscant. Separatist Hyenas bombed the Republic frigate and gunships, and Separatist gunships deployed super battle droids. Though the shock troopers fought back, they were overwhelmed and cut off. Thorn and the last few Coruscant Guards were surrounded, and although they managed to destroy many droids, were cut down, with Thorn being the last to fall, but not before destroying a further dozen or so droids. As Count Dooku arrived on the planet, Separatist forces took Senator Amidala hostage.
These actions prompted the Galactic Senate to send forces of the Grand Army of the Republic under the command of General Anakin Skywalker to free the planet. Count Dooku departed, leaving his forces behind, as the Republic forces arrived and engaged in battle. The Separatist forces suffered heavy losses in the space battle, and Dooku was forced to withdraw his space forces, cutting off the Separatist ground troops below. Republic gunships landed and deployed clone troopers from the 501st Legion, who quickly wiped out the few remaining droids, and Z-95 Headhunters decimated the last few Vultures. The Republic was able to successfully seize control of the planet. General Skywalker fought his way to where Amidala was located. However, a blast destroyed the room and both Clovis and Amidala were thrown off the side of the ledge. Though Skywalker grasped them, he was unable to hold on to both of them. Clovis then let go, falling to his death, and allowing Skywalker to pull Amidala to safety.
In the aftermath of the battle, the Senate turned the banks over to the direct control of the office of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis"
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 4.17 4.18 4.19 4.20 4.21 4.22 4.23 4.24 4.25 4.26 4.27 4.28 4.29 4.30 4.31 4.32 4.33 4.34 4.35 4.36 4.37 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 46 (20 BBY 61–64, Crisis on Scipio) dates "Crisis at the Heart" to 20 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 23 (PLO5–6, Clone Wars Ace Pilot) dates "Sabotage" to the final month of the Clone Wars, which The New Essential Chronology establishes as 19.1 BBY. Since Since places "Crisis at the Heart" after "Sabotage," it can be concluded that "Crisis at the Heart" also takes place in 19.1 BBY.