- "The sky was full of them as they descended upon us. I wondered if our men on the ground would think us brave fools, or just fools."
- ―Excerpt from the Eyewitness Report of Lieutenant Blair
The Battle of Slotern was a short skirmish at Slotern sometime before or during 1 BBY which was fought between Imperial TIE fighters and resistance fighter starfighters and ground forces that resulted in a victory for the Galactic Empire. Imperial TIE fighters engaged the resistance's ancient starfighters and in the first pass destroyed all but two of craft, which were flown by Lieutenant Blair and Blair's wingman. The TIEs formed into packs and made another sweep to finish off the enemy forces in a second pass. The TIEs destroyed one of the two last remaining starships and damaged the other one, piloted by Lieutenant Blair. Blair then dove for the ground, but the fighter's automatic ejection activated, making Blair the sole survivor of the resistance fighters. In an Eyewitness Report, Blair stated that the battle lasted only two minutes.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Battle of Slotern was first mentioned in the "TIE fighter" entry in the in-game databank of the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 versions of the LucasArts video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, which was released on October 26, 2010.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II comic places the events of The Force Unleashed II in 1 BBY, so the events described in the databank have to happen before or in 1 BBY.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3/Xbox 360 "TIE fighter" databank entry)
- ↑ GamePro #261, June 2010