- "That battle on Takodana. That was something else. It was the first time the Resistance had gone up against the First Order... for real, I mean. I'd shot down my share of TIEs before that--I have a special-missions team, Black Squadron, and we'd had some tangles. But this felt different. We were out in the open where everyone could see. Everyone at Maz Kanata's castle, watching the Resistance protect them from those First Order goons. It gave us all this energy, I think. This... oomph. I took done nine ties in one run. Nine, and a bunch of ground targets, too. It felt amazing. Like I was really tapping into something."
- ―Poe Dameron, reflecting on the battle
The Battle of Takodana, also known as the Battle on Takodana, the Clash on Takodana or the invasion of Takodana, was a battle that took place in the immediate aftermath of the Hosnian Cataclysm during the early stages of the war between the forces of the First Order and the Resistance on the Mid Rim planet of Takodana.
- "Those beasts! They're here!"
- ―Maz Kanata realizes her castle is under attack
During the battle, Maz Kanata's castle was attacked by Kylo Ren and First Order stormtroopers after they discovered that the droid BB-8 was at the castle. Flying in with TIE/fo space superiority fighters and Atmospheric Assault Landers, the First Order swiftly laid siege to the castle and leveled it, killing many of its inhabitants. BB-8 followed Rey into the forests surrounding the castle, and the First Order was unable to locate the droid until a stormtrooper officer reported to Ren that the droid had been sighted in the company of a girl. Ren deployed stormtroopers to the woods before heading into the woods himself, hunting Rey down and eventually finding her. Frightened, Rey attempted to shoot him, but Ren reacted quickly. He deflected her blasts with his lightsaber, and proceeded to disarm his target with the Force. Ren proceeded to corner and capture her.
During the fighting at the castle, FN-2199 in riot control gear called Finn out as a traitor and challenged him to a fight. The Stormtrooper overpowered Finn but was shot by Han Solo before he could kill him. Despite killing multiple stormtroopers, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Finn were forced to surrender. The stormtroopers had bigger problems to worry about as Resistance T-70 X-wing fighters led by Commander Poe Dameron soon arrived to fight the First Order. A fierce dogfight ensued and resulted in the destruction of many First Order TIEs and the deaths of many stormtroopers from X-wing strafing runs.
Back in the woods, Kylo Ren was notified of the Resistance attack by another stormtrooper officer, who asked him to call in more troops. Ren, however, ordered the First Order to pull out, saying they had what they came for. As the battle raged on above the castle, the remaining First Order troops boarded their ships and withdrew, taking the captured and unconscious Rey along with them.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (First identified as Clash on Takadona)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens Read-Along Storybook and CD
- The Force Awakens Golden Book
- Chaos at the Castle
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- The Force Awakens, Part V (Indirectly mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Finn's Mission
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- The Adventures of BB-8
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Indirect mention only)
- Poe Dameron 27: The Awakening, Part II (Appears in flashback(s))
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Meet FN-2199, a.k.a. TR-8R: The Stormtrooper Behind the Meme (January 7, 2016). Retrieved on January 8, 2016.