|Imperial Attack on Voss|
- "Years ago, when the Empire became aware of Voss, the Emperor sent the military to lay siege to the planet. The visionaries thwarted what they foresaw to be a simple attempt to conquer."
- ―Servant One
The Imperial Attack on Voss was an event that occurred in 3649 BBY, during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Upon learning that the recently-discovered planet Voss was inhabited by the Force-sensitive Voss species, who had powerful foresight abilities, the Sith Emperor ordered the Imperial Military to conquer the planet. General Khypes arrived in orbit with a battlecruiser and several army divisions in order to demand a surrender, having been alerted that the Voss capital of Voss-Ka was undefended. However, Khypes' cruiser exploded before he could contact the planet, and the ship's escorts were destroyed moments later. During this time, the agents of the Emperor's Hand kidnapped a Voss from the surface for the Emperor's own purposes. Realizing that they had underestimated the Voss, the Empire declared that Khypes had gone rogue, and both the Empire and the Republic began making diplomatic overtures to the Voss. The Jedi Council declined to assist in the negotiations, perceiving the Mystics to be "grey Force-users", who don't believe in light and dark sides of the Force, and that they have more in common with the Sith in being rulers of their society.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Imperial Attack on Voss was first mentioned on the official site of the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, and it was given a name and further background in the game itself and The Old Republic's in-game Codex.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only and Codex entry) (First identified as Imperial Attack on Voss)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "The Prophecy of the Shining Man" on Voss confirms that the Shining Man first arrived on Voss approximately eight years before the events of the Imperial Agent's Act III in 3641 BBY, and because the Shining Man arrived not long after the invasion of Voss, the Sith Emperor must have acquired his Voice around this time.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Warrior Mission: "Request An Audience" on Voss
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "The Imperial Attack on Voss"