A battle occurred on Zaloriis sometime during the Galactic Empire's reign over the galaxy, which began in 19 BBY, and prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY. The conflict involved the Empire and the Zalorians, the inhabitants of Zaloriis. The human male Maximillian Veers participated in the conflict on behalf of the Empire, where he demonstrated his courage and cunning, attributes that led to his eventual promotion to the rank of general in the Imperial Army.
Behind the scenesEdit
The battle on Zaloriis was given an indirect mention in canon in Adam Gidwitz's 2015 children's book So You Want to Be a Jedi?, a retelling of the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.
The battle had originally appeared in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the 2001 LucasArts video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. Within the game, the fourth level of the Galactic Empire campaign occurs on the planet Zaloriis, where the player controls the Imperial Army and must defeat the Rebel Alliance. At the end of the level, Maximilian Veers receives his promotion from colonel to general.
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? lists the Galactic Empire as fighting in the battle of Zaloriis. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that the Empire was established in 19 BBY, so the battle must take place after that date.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? places the battle of Zaloriis before the Battle of Hoth, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 3 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds