Battle of the Bounty Hunters was a pop-up comic and part of the Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire multimedia campaign. It showed the space battle between Boba Fett and IG-88D. It was released on July 23, 1996.
First-ever comic book fully produced as a pop-up! The notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett is heading through hyperspace with priceless cargo. His destination: Tatooine, home of Jabba the Hutt. The cargo: one Han Solo, frozen solid in carbonite. But if Boba thought encasing Solo in carbonite was the hardest part of this mercenary mission, he's going to have his eyes opened. It seems Boba's not the only one who wants to collect this bounty . . . Taking place between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, Battle of the Bounty Hunters is part of the Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire storyline. Battle of the Bounty Hunters is a first-of-its-kind pop-up comic book, and with the awe-inspiring painted artwork of Christopher Moeller, it's sure to thrill readers both young and old!
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- "ComicScan: Comics' White Knight"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 5
- "Lucasfilm's Latest"—Star Wars Insider 28
- "Iron Man"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 6
- "Lucasfilm's Latest"—Star Wars Insider 29
- "Around the Galaxy"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 7
- "Head Hunter: An Interview with Jeremy Bulloch"—Star Wars Insider 30
- "Scouting the Galaxy: Of Freebies, Wimps and Fake Fetts"—Star Wars Insider 31
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
Notes and referencesEdit