- Sergeant: "General Skywalker, we've established contact with Rodia."
- Skywalker: "Rex, keep up the bombardment. I'll be back soon."
- Rex: "Yes, sir."
- ―A clone sergeant, Anakin Skywalker, and Clone Captain Rex[src]
A battle took place in 22 BBY during the Clone Wars, wherein Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan, Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano, engaged enemy forces on a planet with Clone Captain CT-7567, a squad of clone troopers, and several AV-7 Antivehicle Cannons. After Skywalker received word of the capture of Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray on Rodia, Skywalker sent his Padawan to assist in the transfer of Gunray to Coruscant, while Skywalker himself remained on the planet to finish the battle.
- "Ahsoka, listen to me. I would go myself, but I'm needed here."
"Oh, and I'm not?'"
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano
In 22 BBY during the Clone Wars, Galactic Republic forces under the command of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker; his Padawan, Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano; and Clone Captain CT-7567, nicknamed "Rex," arrived on a planet and engaged enemy forces stationed there. Setting up a base, the Republic forces employed AV-7 Antivehicle Cannons against the enemy's artillery. While Skywalker and Rex stayed outside to keep a lookout and command the cannons, Tano took refuge inside the base to look up data.
Skywalker and his forces received word of a coup on Rodia, and a clone sergeant was able to establish contact with the planet. Skywalker left Rex to keep up the heavy artillery bombardment while the Jedi went to talk with his secret wife, Senator Padmé Amidala, inside the base. Conferring through a hololink, Skywalker learned that Amidala had settled the coup, but that she had also been involved in the capture of Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray on Rodia; the viceroy was to be transported to Coruscant to stand trial for his war crimes. However, interference from enemy artillery caused the connection to be severed before the discussion could continue.
Unable to leave because he was needed to command the Republic forces on the planet, Skywalker instead sent his Padawan to oversee the transfer of Gunray and protect the Senator. Tano departed in a shuttle, leaving her master to finish the battle.
- "With all due respect, I am only three parsecs from Rodia now. I feel I should…I should continue to carry out the orders given to me by my master."
"Hmm… A Padawan's place it is to follow her master. Very well, Ahsoka. Proceed you may."
- ―Ahsoka Tano and Master Yoda
After receiving clearance from Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu of the Jedi High Council, Tano was allowed to proceed with her master's assignment. The Padawan arrived on Rodia, and she accompanied Jedi Master Luminara Unduli and Clone Commander CC-1004 as they escorted Gunray in a Consular-class cruiser to the Venator-class Star Destroyer Tranquility. Before the Star Destroyer could jump to hyperspace, however, the Dark Acolyte Asajj Ventress launched a mission to rescue the viceroy in order to prevent him from revealing Confederate secrets under interrogation.
Behind the scenesEdit
The battle first appeared briefly in Transfer, an issue of the weekly The Clone Wars web comic series that led into "Cloak of Darkness," an episode in the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.
In Transfer, the forces opposing Skywalker were not linked to any organization or faction. Furthermore, no conclusion can be drawn for the result of the battle because of a lack of evidence in the webcomic.
- The Clone Wars: Transfer (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- ↑ "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:4:14"—Star Wars Insider 67
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness" (Decoded)
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 7.12 7.13 7.14 7.15 The Clone Wars: Transfer
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Essential Reader's Companion dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film to 22 BBY, while also dating The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key—which takes place sometime after "The Gungan General"—to 22 BBY. Since places "Cloak of Darkness" between The Clone Wars film and "The Gungan General," it can be concluded that "Cloak of Darkness" also takes place in 22 BBY. Because The Clone Wars: Transfer takes place shortly before "Cloak of Darkness," it can additionally be placed in 22 BBY.