It was a skirmish in which Saw Gerrera's Partisans attacked a Galactic Empire convoy transporting Kyber crystals in Tythoni Square. Rebel Alliance operatives Cassian Andor, Jyn Erso and K-2SO, as well as two Guardians of the Whills, Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus, also became involved in the battle against the Imperial forces. However, in the aftermath of the fight, Andor, Erso, Îmwe and Malbus were all taken prisoner by the Partisans and brought to the Catacombs of Cadera.
As the convoy passed by Tythoni Square, a grenade was tossed from a balcony in front of the tank. Its detonation halted the vehicle's progress, and the Partisans revealed themselves, opening fire onto the stormtroopers, from both ground level and with snipers atop the nearby buildings. Once Jyn Erso entered the street to save a child and return it to her mother, her escort, Cassian Andor, was forced to help her to safety, shooting the tank's weapon operator who had just destroyed a nearby tower with a missile. As Jyn hid in front of the stopped vehicle, Cassian noted a Partisan atop a nearby elevated bridge preparing some explosives, and shot him to create a distraction—as upon his fall to the ground, the bombs detonated—to the sight of Partisan troop leader Benthic. As Jyn and Cassian ran to safety, another bomb was tossed at the stormtroopers' feet, and after being detonated, the Partisans raided the vehicle to collect the Kyber crystals. They finished just as Imperial reinforcements, which included an All Terrain Scout Transport, arrived.
As Jyn and Cassian fought their way through more troopers, Cassian's reprogrammed droid, K-2SO, arrived and detonated a grenade upon a squad of charging troopers. The trio returned to the square, where the reinforcements checked the damages suffered by the tank, and were mistaken for an actual Imperial droid directing prisoners. Jyn and Cassian were only saved by the intervention of two Guardians of the Whills, Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus. As K-2 returned to Cassian's ship, the Partisans took over the square and captured the rebels and Guardians, as Benthic felt they were hostile due to Cassian's attack. Once Jyn revealed she had businesses with Saw Gerrera for being the daughter of Galen Erso, the Partisans put bags on their heads (with Chirrut, being blind, being slightly annoyed with their putting a bag on his head as he viewed it as unnecessary) and took them to their headquarters in the Catacombs of Cadera, where Jyn was brought before Saw, while Cassian, Baze and Chirrut were put in a cell.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One Adaptation 2
- Breznican, Anthony (August 08, 2016). Rogue One director reveals new details on Force-sacred world Jedha. Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on August 9, 2016. Retrieved on August 8, 2016.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Battle on Jedha)
- Breznican, Anthony (November 21, 2016). 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' - 15 new photos!. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on November 21, 2016.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ This event takes place during Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Rogue One in 0 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide