Battlefront II: Inferno Squad is a canon novel by Christie Golden that follows the Galactic Empire's Inferno Squad, which hunts Saw Gerrera's rebel Partisans to avenge the destruction of the first Death Star battle station. The story serves as a prequel to the Electronic Arts video game Star Wars Battlefront II. The novel was first published by Del Rey on July 25, 2017 in hardcover, and was released in paperback on March 27, 2018.
After the humiliating theft of the Death Star plans and the resulting destruction of the battle station, the Empire is on the defensive. In response to this stunning defeat, the Imperial Navy has authorized the formation of an elite team of soldiers, known as Inferno Squad. Their mission: infiltrate and eliminate the remnants of Saw Gerrera's Partisans. Following the death of their leader, the Partisans have carried on his extremist legacy, determined to thwart the Empire—no matter what the cost. Now, Inferno Squad must prove their status as the best of the best and take down the Partisans from within. But as the danger intensifies and the threat of discovery grows, how far will Inferno Squad go to ensure the safety of the Empire?
- ISBN 9781524797539; July 19, 2017; Del Rey; San Diego Comic-Con 2017 Limited Convention Edition
- ISBN 9781524796808; July 25, 2017; Del Rey; US hardcover
- ISBN 9781524797348; July 25, 2017; Del Rey; Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition
- ISBN 9781524796815; July 25, 2017; Del Rey; US ebook
- ISBN 9780525486442; November 14, 2017; Del Rey; Target Exclusive Edition
- ISBN 9781524796822; March 27, 2018; Del Rey; US paperback
- ISBN 9781784752941; March 27; Arrow Books Ltd.; UK paperback
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ . "Say hello to INFERNO SQUAD. The new novel by @ChristieGolden coming this July"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Limited Convention Edition of Battlefront II: Inferno Squad was an exclusive at San Diego Comic-Con 2017, which was held from July 20–23 of that year; the first copies were made available for sale beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 19.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 (Hardcover)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 (eBook)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 screenshot) . "Will likely start appearing next Tuesday. Might vary slightly. Will be available through the year" (
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 (Paperback)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ Battlefront II: Inferno Squad, San Diego Comic-Con 2017 Limited Convention Edition
- ↑ Battlefront II: Inferno Squad, Target Exclusive Edition