Bavva ale was a foul-tasting alcoholic beverage distilled from moss native to the Nothoiin colony world Bavva. The Lutrillian species particularly loved Bavva ale, while Humans hated it. Bespin's Cloud City offered a wretched form of Bavva ale distilled through the coolant tubes of a power converter taken from a grounded freighter.
The planet Bavva exported its trademark ale during the period of the Galactic Civil War, though appreciation for its taste varied among certain species. Lutrillians loved the alcoholic beverage and visited Bavva on ale-sampling tours, whereas Humans hated it, even going so far as to ban the ale from some majority-Human settlements.
Between the years 0 ABY and 3 ABY, the Merchants Guild of the planet Bespin's Cloud City served wretched Bavva ale distilled through the coolant tubes of an Incom N21-3 power converter salvaged from a dry-docked stock light freighter called the Happy Failure.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bavva ale was first mentioned in the 1989 West End Games sourcebook Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, a supplement for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2004 Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Roleplaying Game supplement Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin and the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas further added to the lore for Bavva ale.
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (First mentioned)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin is set "during that three year period between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back movies." This period corresponds to the years 0 ABY to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin