Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An example of an early laser rifle, the beam-tube was a bulky, long-barreled weapon that required a backpack power generator. Beam-tubes were first developed over twenty thousand years before the Battle of Yavin. Able to fire energy projectiles, these weapons were far superior to the slugthrowers of the time in terms of firepower. The beams could travel up to fifty meters. Although severely outdated, functional beam-tubes could be found during the time of the Galactic Civil War in backwater sectors such as the Tion Hegemony[source?] and the isolated planet Kegan.
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (First appearance)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Defenders of the Dead
- Jedi Apprentice: The Fight for Truth
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (As "beam tube")
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare