Bears were a variety of stocky, omnivorous mammals found throughout the galaxy. They tended to have a mainly carnivorous diet.
- Sand bear of Kallistas.
- D'oemir bear of Neftali.
- Renda bear of Bogden.
- Snow Bear of Hoth.
Uses of bear in namesEdit
- Bear, a Jedi Master.
- Bear, a K-wing pilot.
- Bear Clan, a group of Younglings of the Jedi Order.
- Bear spider, a species of spider.
- Bursa of Naboo greatly resembled bears.
- Balinak of Garnib were a sentient race called "bears" by Rebel SpecOps personnel.
- Ewoks may have have descended from a species of bear, as some individuals thought they were "little bears".
Behind the scenesEdit
Along with various other animals, real-life bear sounds were mixed to create Chewbacca's Shyriiwook dialogue in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope and subsequent films and media for himself and other Wookiees.
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- The Black Sands of Socorro