A Beemon package was a powerful cybernetic implant produced by Beemon Laboratories and used around the time of the Jedi Civil War. It allowed organic beings equipped with the device to have greater resistance to pain and stress caused by injuries and physical exertion.
A Beemon package was a high-powered cybernetic implant that was used to override an organic being's natural reactions to injuries, pain, and stress. The implant allowed users to endure increased amounts of physical exertion and injuries than would usually be possible. Anyone who used a cyber reaction system required a large amount of training with implants before they were strong enough to handle the implant's effects. The implant was colored red over most of its surface, with lighter shades closer to the edges.
Beemon packages were produced by Beemon Laboratories and were high-grade implants when in use during the years surrounding the Jedi Civil War, a conflict fought between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. In 3956 BBY, the Rodian merchant Tyvark Luowan had a Beemon package that he was selling for the price of 7,500 credits at his store in Ahto City on the planet Manaan.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Beemon package first appeared in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a video game produced by BioWare, which was released for Xbox on July 15, 2003 and for PC on November 18, 2003. In the game, its only appearance was as a purchasable item at the shop of the merchant Tyvark Luowan in Ahto City on Manaan. It was a level-three implant in the game and gave the user a bonus to his or her constitution attribute.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 While Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic only identified the producer of the package as "Beemon," Star Wars: The Old Republic revealed the company's name to be "Beemon Laboratories."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ Boulding, Aaron (2003-07-13). Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Review. IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved on October 28, 2013.
- ↑ Boulding, Aaron (2003-11-21). Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Review. IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved on October 28, 2013.