Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Before the Storm is the first novel in The Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, written by Michael P. Kube-McDowell and published by Bantam Spectra on March 1, 1996. The audio version was narrated by Anthony Heald.
- Heyne-Verlag, German hardcover (Die Schwarze Flotte, Bd.1, Vor dem Sturm)
- ISBN 3453136721; 1998, Heyne-Verlag, German paperback
- March 1999, Amber, Polish (Kryzys Czarnej Floty, Tom I - Przed Burzą)
- ISBN 9785699232864; October 2007, Eksmo Publishing, Russian (Кризис Чёрного флота: Перед бурей)
- ISBN 9788427021679; 1997; Ediciones Martínez Roca, S.A., Spanish (Trilogía de la Flota Negra - 1. Antes de la tormenta)
- ISBN 9545285141; 2005, Trud, 272-page Bulgarian paperback ( Пред буря)
It is a time of tranquillity for the New Republic. The remnants of the Empire now lie in complete disarray, and the reemergence of the Jedi Knights has brought power and prestige to the fledgling government on Coruscant. Yesterday's Rebels have become today's administrators and diplomats, and the factions that fought against Imperial tyranny seem united in savoring the fruits of peace.
But the peace is short-lived. A restless Luke must journey to his mother's homeworld in a desperate and dangerous quest to find her people. An adventurous Lando must seize a mysterious spacecraft that has weapons of enormous destructive power and an unknown mission. And Leia, a living symbol of the New Republic's triumph, must face down a ruthless leader of the Duskhan League, an arrogant Yevetha who seems bent on a genocidal war that could shatter the fragile unity of the New Republic…and threaten its very survival.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Behind the scenesEdit
The Imperial Order of Battle discovered in a crippled Star Destroyer is named in reference to the author's daughter. It consists of her initials and date of birth (given in the dedication).
This is a gallery of the different cover variations of Before the Storm.