- "It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home!"
- ―Luke Skywalker to Biggs Darklighter during the Battle of Yavin
Beggar's Canyon was a canyon on the desert world of Tatooine. In their youth, pilots Luke Skywalker and Biggs Darklighter flew T-16 skyhoppers through the narrow canyon, and Skywalker once threaded a rock formation called the Stone Needle. They later recalled Beggar's Canyon while fighting in the Battle of Yavin; during the Rebel Alliance's assault on the Death Star, the two pilots entered into a narrow trench leading towards the planet-destroying space station's reactor shaft, and the trench reminded them of the canyon.
Behind the scenesEdit
In 2015, Beggar's Canyon appeared in the Korean web-comic simply titled Star Wars. The comic depicted a young Luke Skywakler racing his friends through the canyon in his T-16 skyhopper, crashing the vehicle soon after. However, due to cultural leeway, the comic's canonical status is in a "grey area."
- Star Wars 15: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First mentioned)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ; images #3, 9 (of 10)