Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The planet was ruled by a monarchy and was fairly wealthy. It was home to a curious pathogen: on average, every seven years, a natural water-borne bacteria invaded the planet. Belasco always prepared for it, stockpiling water for usage while its scientists contained the bacteria.
Prior to 4000 BBY, Belasco was the nexus of several hyperlanes in the Exploitation Region, among them the Ootmian Pabol. Around 16,800 BBY, the planet was besieged during the First Alsakan Conflict. The Belasco Free Volunteers was a paramilitary group associated with the planet, and during the Kymoodon Era were involved in the defense of colonies Coreward of Hutt Space. Among these actions was their defense of Parcovey Minor against an assault by Hutt slavers on the planet.
During the Great Sith War, it was a target of the Krath Holy Crusade as Exar Kun's Sith moved the cut the Slice in half. Following the conclusion of the war in 3996 BBY, Belasco ceased to be a crossroads for hyperspace lanes.
Belasco remained beautiful and wealthy. It fought a war with a neighboring planet in 142 BBY. Prior to the Clone Wars, its senator to the Galactic Republic was the highly-respected Uta S'orn. While she was in office, a bio-plague was introduced into the planet's water supply by scientist Jenna Zan Arbor. This new bacteria created by Zan Arbor was different to the plague normally experienced by Belasco, for it multiplied at every chance to contain it. Uta S'orn's complicity in the plot and her patronage of Arbor were exposed by Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Jedi Apprentice: The Deadly Hunter (First mentioned)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dangerous Rescue (First appearance)
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Jedi Apprentice: The Dangerous Rescue
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Jedi Apprentice: The Deadly Hunter
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 22
- ↑ Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare: Author's Cut, Part 5 — Zenith of the Republic
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 129
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 130
- ↑ The Essential Atlas implies this to be due to the decline of the Ootmian Pabol after the supernova of the star of the Kyyr system and the formation of the Thornhedge Nebula around this date. Belasco ceases to be shown as a hyperspace nexus on the Atlas' maps after this time.