Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Belsavis, also known as Plawal, was a planet in the Ninth Quadrant, a region of the Bozhnee sector. Ice-covered, its average temperature was in the -50s. It was located on the edge of the Senex sector, at one end of the Belsavis Run.
Pre- and Old Republic erasEdit
- "What I saw... I don't think we were the first ones on this planet."
- ―Marshall Cavarat
At some unknown point in the past, the planet became one of the many worlds that belonged to the Rakata Infinite Empire. During that time, the Rakata made use of the world as a prison colony, where they placed many dangerous prisoners that remained trapped for the millennia. It entered an ice age around 5000 BBY. Its inhabitants dwelt in three volcanic jungle rifts. Later, during the Great Galactic War, the Republic used Belsavis’ prison, The Tomb, to confine dangerous Sith Lords and war criminals. By the beginning of the Galactic War, the resurgent Sith Empire discovered Belsavis' location from the imprisoned crime lord, Ivory, through use of a Rakata transmitter, and sought to perform a mass prison break, including freeing the imprisoned Dread Masters and discovering Rakata secrets. At the same time, the Sith Emperor dispatched Executor Krannus to destroy Belsavis, which would have sent shockwaves into hyperspace that would have destroyed adjacent systems, fulfilling the Emperor's intended galactic genocide. It was only through the intervention of the Hero of Tython that Belsavis was saved.
A community by the name of Plett's Well was settled in 88 BBY by Jedi Master Plett, and came to be called simply Plawal. The main Republic colonization of the planet occurred in 20 BBY, with many plants and animals being imported from Ithor.
The bounty hunter Jango Fett was once captured and imprisoned in an underground labyrinth on Belsavis. Although pursued by kretch insects, he managed to escape by figuring out the internal logic of the maze.
Later, in 19 BBY, Plett hid a number of Jedi younglings in Plett's Well from the Great Jedi Purge, but the Galactic Empire sent the Eye of Palpatine to bombard Plawal. Fortunately, Jedi Knights Callista Ming and Geith Eris sabotaged the Eye, but Plett and the Jedi younglings were forced to flee the planet regardless. Some of the younglings, such as Roganda Ismaren, were captured by the Inquisitorius. Around 6 BBY, the Imperial Governor stationed a few tariff police on the world to deal with increased smuggler activity. Around 0 BBY, Brathflen Corporation and other fruit-companies established domes around the world. At the time of the Battle of Hoth, Mara Jade visited the world to investigate the rumors of the Jedi fugitives.
New Republic eraEdit
In 12 ABY, a large shipment of Tenloss Disintegrator rifles was to be shipped to Belsavis, but the cargo was stolen on Nar Shaddaa. The New Republic Intelligence Service was informed of the thief, but were unsure why the munitions were heading there in the first place.
The planet allied with, but did not join, the New Republic, maintaining independence. Later in 12 ABY, Roganda Ismaren later attempted a coup against the New Republic on Belsavis, attempting to make her son Irek Ismaren the new Emperor with financial backing from treacherous nobles from the neighboring Juvex sector and Senex sector, along with using Irek's Force abilities to control the Eye. Roganda was foiled by Luke Skywalker, Callista, and Leia Organa Solo.
- Aphor trees
- Hanging moss
- Spider plants
- Phosphor bugs
- Manolliums—(brought from Ithor)
- Kretch insects
Behind the scenesEdit
- "We found Belsavis, and the Holocron said it's a giant ice planet with volcanic craters that create jungle areas deep in enormous shafts in the middle of this ice world. I thought, OK, we're using that world!'"
- ―Daniel Erickson
In the Revenge of the Sith video game, Belsavis is a cheat code. Also, the article The Emperor's Pawns misspelled this planet "Belsalvis" on one occasion.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- The Old Republic: Annihilation (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (Mentioned only)
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception (Mentioned only)
- Only the Force (Mentioned only)
- N.R.I. Reports (Mentioned only)
- Children of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Essential Chronology
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Emperor's Pawns"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 56
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 55
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- The Essential Atlas
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook