Ben's Mesa, also known as the Benzin Plateau, was a flat-topped mountain in the center of the Boonta Eve Classic racetrack on Tatooine. It was named for Ben Neluenf, the first great Tatooine-born racer who lost his life in a spectacular attempt to scale the central mesa. Most of Boonta Eve's canyons cut through Ben's Mesa, including famous Beggar's Canyon.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ben's Mesa appeared as a designated planetary region in the 2003 massively multiplayer online-role playing game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, prior to the game's closure on December 15, 2011. In the game, the mesa was identified as the "Benzin Plateau," situated in the center of the racetrack.
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Identified as Benzin Plateau)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I (First identified as Ben's Mesa)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
References and notesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS GALAXIES. Sony Online Entertainment (2011-06-24). Archived from the original on November 24, 2011. Retrieved on July 25, 2015.