While training under Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, Padawan Ben Solo used a blue lightsaber. One fateful night, Solo woke to see Skywalker, fearful of the dark side within him, standing over him with his own lightsaber raised. Presuming that his uncle and master had intended to kill him, Solo immediately used his lightsaber to defend himself in a confrontation that ultimately led to the destruction of Skywalker's Jedi Temple and the induction of Ben Solo, who later became known as Kylo Ren, master of the Knights of Ren under Supreme Leader Snoke of the First Order. Ren would later replace this weapon with a weapon of ancient design.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 4 (Appears in flashback(s))