|Chronological and political information|
A Force-sensitive Human, Bene was discovered by the Jedi Order and inducted into their ranks, learning the ways of the Force at the Coruscant Jedi Temple. Selected by a Jedi Master at the start of the Clone Wars, a conflict between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Bene constructed a blue-bladed lightsaber and took up the rank of Commander in the Grand Army of the Republic.
In the final days of the war, Padawan Bene was stationed at the Temple when Supreme Chancellor Palpatine betrayed the Jedi Order and issued Contingency Order 66 to the Grand Army which, in essence, made it illegal to be a Jedi. As the 501st Legion marched into the Temple and opened fire indiscriminately on the Order's members, Bene joined fellow Padawans in protecting the youngest Initiates. Backed into the Room of a Thousand Fountains, Padawans Bene and Whie Malreaux stood with Temple battlemaster Cin Drallig as Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader descended on the group. As Vader slew young Malreaux, the former Jedi reached out with the Force and strangled Bene while cleaving through Master Drallig's shoulder with his lightsaber. Her death as well as the deaths of the younglings she had died protecting, was recorded on a security camera, and was viewed by Masters Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi when they searched the ruins of the Temple.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bene is a Latin and Italian adverb meaning "well"; in English it is a prefix meaning "good", or "well."
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Appears in hologram)
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen (Mentioned only) (Appears in hologram)
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 70 ("Bene")
- "Rogues Gallery: The Last Stand of the Jedi!"—Star Wars Insider 137
Notes and referencesEdit
- (First mentioned)