Benthic "Two Tubes" was a male Tognath mercenary pilot who flew alongside his eggmate, Edrio. The two shared the nickname derived from the breathing apparatus that allowed their Tognath physiology to process oxygen atmospheres. Benthic's homeworld Yar Togna was conquered and occupied by the Galactic Empire, forcing him to flee as a refugee. Desiring to strike back at the Empire, Edrio and Benthic had allied with Saw Gerrera some time before the Battle of Yavin.
Benthic was born on the planet Yar Togna. Sometime during the Age of the Empire, the world was conquered by the Galactic Empire, forcing Benthic, along with his eggmate Edrio, to flee and become refugees. Desiring to strike back against the Empire, Benthic and Edrio joined the Partisans, a rebel militia led by Saw Gerrera. Benthic then became Gerrera's second-in-command.
Gigoran mercenary, Moroff, brought former Imperial pilot, Bodhi Rook, to Benthic, Edrio, and an assortment of Partisan soldiers. After Benthic briefly interrogated Bodhi he ordered his men to put a bag over his head and bring him to Saw Gerrera for further interrogation.
Capturing Bodhi RookEdit
During an insurgency on the desert moon of Jedha, several soldiers of the Partisans lead by Benthic ambushed an Imperial kyber transport. At first, a rebel threw a grenade at the transport, and immediately after that the Partisans opened fire. During the intense firefight at Jedha City, Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor killed the same rebel in self-defense. Soon after, the Imperial transport was defeated.
Benthic thought of Jyn and Cassian as hostiles and ordered his troops to contain them, along with Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe, whom he'd thought were Jyn and Cassian's allies. Later Benthic, Edrio, and other Partisans transported the prisoners to the Catacombs of Cadera, and Benthic gave Jyn to Saw Gerrera while the others put the other prisoners in cells inside the catacombs. During this time, Imperial Military Director Orson Krennic ordered the Death Star to destroy NiJedha. The shock wave from the city being destroyed caused the Partisans' nearby hideout to collapse into rubble. During this time Benthic rushed outside and quickly evacuated his fellow Partisans into escape shuttles before going into a ship himself and escaping from the base.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Following the Battle of Yavin, Benthic led the surviving Partisans in continuing the fight against the Empire on Jedha. Benthic was then approached by the Rebel Alliance's representatives; Princess Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker, and Captain Han Solo. At first, Benthic thought they should kill them. However, Organa offered the Alliance's continued support of the Partisans on Jedha. He was told that the Empire was going to continue taking kyber crystals from Jedha. Despite his doubts, Benthic accepted Organa's offer and discussed the arrangement.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Guardians of the Whills
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One Adaptation 2
- Rogue One Adaptation 3
- Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I
- Star Wars 39: The Ashes of Jedha, Part II
- Star Wars 40: The Ashes of Jedha, Part III
- Star Wars 41: The Ashes of Jedha, Part IV
- Star Wars 42: The Ashes of Jedha, Part V
- Star Wars 43: The Ashes of Jedha, Part VI
- From the Lucasfilm Pavilion at San Diego Comic-Con (2913), meet Rogue One's Edrio Two Tubes. Star Wars (July 20, 2016). (First mentioned)
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Ultimate Sticker Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars 39: The Ashes of Jedha, Part II
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I
- ↑ From the Lucasfilm Pavilion at San Diego Comic-Con (2913), meet Rogue One's Edrio Two Tubes. Star Wars (July 20, 2016).