After the Galactic Empire established control of Kashyyyk and began enslaving Wookiees, Berserkers began to fight Imperial Forces, with an ultimate goal of liberating their homeworld, fueling their single-minded fighting fervor with rage at what the Empire had done with them, their planet and their people. During the Galactic Civil War, Berserker groups remained in hiding due to the Empire's Human High Culture. They typically entered battle wielding two extremely large Ryyk blades, although they could also use bowcasters as ranged weapons, and were equipped with light armor for maximum mobility on the battlefield. Advanced Berserkers from Ittummi were used to great effect during the latter parts of liberation of Kashyyyk. Six Advanced Berserkers joined in the raid on Avatar Orbital Platform. Legendary stories told of the Berserkers' exploits, speaking of their ability to single-handedly decimate mercenary cadres. They were fierce combatants, fast-moving and very quick in their attacks.
Behind the scenesEdit
Berserkers and advanced Berserkers appear in the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion pack. They are the Wookiee civilization special units and are produced at Fortresses for a cost of 80 units of food and 35 units of nova crystals.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
- Revenge of the Sith
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: Wookiee Berserker)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Berserker on Wikipedia