- "Bespin. It's pretty far, but I think we can make it."
- ―Han Solo
Bespin was an immense gas giant located in the vicinity of the Anoat system, a desolate sector of the galaxy. Bespin had several moons, and its gaseous mass contained a thin stratum of habitable atmosphere. Its layers were a source of rare Tibanna gas, which was harvested and refined in several mining complexes, including Cloud City, an opulent metropolis suspended in the planet's huge billowing clouds. The Ugnaught city of Ugnorgrad also was located over the planet, being ruled by King Ozz in the time after the Battle of Endor. During the Galactic Civil War, Bespin remained unaffiliated, but that did not prevent the Galactic Empire from garrisoning the planet and seizing Cloud City. However, with the Empire's defeat at Endor, the gas giant and its prosperous mining colony ended up recovering their freedom.
Swimming pools were considered a rare luxury on Bespin.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back (Non-canonical appearance)
- Use the Force! (Appears in final page preview illustration)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (Special Edition)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (Picture only)
- ; image #11 (of 16)
- ; image #11 (of 13)