- "Bespin. It's pretty far, but I think we can make it."
- ―Han Solo
Bespin was an immense gas giant located in the vicinity of the Anoat system, a desolate sector of the galaxy. Bespin had several moons, and its gaseous mass contained a thin stratum of habitable atmosphere. Its layers were a source of rare Tibanna gas, which was harvested and refined in several mining complexes, including Cloud City, an opulent metropolis suspended in the planet's huge billowing clouds. The Ugnaught city of Ugnorgrad also was located over the planet, being ruled by King Ozz in the time after the Battle of Endor. During the Galactic Civil War, Bespin remained unaffiliated, but that did not prevent the Galactic Empire from garrisoning the planet and seizing Cloud City. However, with the Empire's defeat at Endor, the gas giant and its prosperous mining colony ended up recovering their freedom.
Swimming pools were considered a rare luxury on Bespin.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars Battlefront (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Use the Force! (Appears in final page preview illustration)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (Post-1997 releases)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Vision to Rey)
- The Force Awakens, Part IV (Vision to Rey)
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story (Vision to Rey)
- Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Treasure of Cloud City"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ; image #11 (of 16)
- ; image #11 (of 13)