The Bespin Direct StarSpeeder 1000 was a modified StarSpeeder 1000 spacecraft used by the interstellar travel agency Star Tours, to operate flights bound for the Outer Rim planet of Bespin, prior to 0 BBY. The starship was painted in red and grey along with the Aurebesh letters Wesk, Dorn and Isk. It was named after both the gas giant as well as Bespin Direct, a separate spaceliner company from Star Tours that also was a member of the Galactic Tourist Bureau.
It was equipped with a hyperdrive and shielding systems, two flash cannons and two laser cannons. The ship was crewed by a pilot, a green-colored astromech droid and a systems analyst. The ship could support up to 40 passengers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Bespin Direct StarSpeeder 1000 was first introduced on The Walt Disney Company website in 2011 as a papercraft model. The speeder was also released in the same year in a set of diecast toys, the StarSpeeder 1000 Spaceliner Collection.
According to a Star Tours: The Adventures Continue poster sign, only Star Tours flew StarSpeeder 1000s, which confirms Star Tours ownership of this vessel. The Japanese version, however, indicated that it was part of a separate company which was affiliated with Star Tours via the Galactic Tourist Bureau.
- Star Wars: Star Tours (toy line) (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Tours StarSpeeder Fleet. Star Tours Adventures at Disneyland.com. Retrieved on January 4, 2013.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: Star Tours (toy line) (cf. Starspeeder 1000 (Vehicle Playset). JediTempleArchives.com. Retrieved on January 4, 2013.)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- ↑ Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (cf. IMG_0659 in EndorExpress Database)
- ↑ Spaceport THX1138 queue video from Tokyo Disneyland at Youtube.com
- Star Tours StarSpeeder Fleet Star Tours Adventures at Disneyland.com.
- Star Tours Flight 10
- Star Tours Flight 119
- Star Tours Flight 727
- Star Tours Flight 922
- Star Tours Flight 1119