Accompanied by stormtroopers, Bewil informed Darth Vader that Luke Skywalker's X-wing had arrived at Cloud City in 3 ABY. Darth Vader then told him to make sure that Luke made it into the carbonite freezing chamber, where he would be frozen and delivered to Emperor Palpatine. In an effort to direct Skywalker to Vader, Bewil controlled Cloud City's lift tubes and hatchways. Bewil cut off Skywalker's pursuit of Lieutenant Sheckil and his stormtroopers holding Princess Leia Organa hostage by closing a nearby blast door, along with other nearby doors, ultimately directing Skywalker to the waiting Vader.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bewil first appeared in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, in which he was played by Milton Johns. Bewil appears twice in the film during the carbon-freezing scene, first to announce that Skywalker's X-wing was inbound and second to inform that Skywalker had landed, but his voice is substantially deeper when he reports on the latter.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back PhotoComic
- The Empire Strikes Back: A Storybook
- Star Wars Manga: The Empire Strikes Back 3
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Captain Bewil)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Restricted Access)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia