Bib Fortuna was a male Twi'lek who lived on the desert planet Tatooine. He served as Jabba the Hutt's majordomo and chief of staff for decades, handling all of the day-to-day operations at his master's palace.
A male Twi'lek, Bib Fortuna hailed from Ryloth, the homeworld of his species. He served as a majordomo to the Hutt crime lord Jabba as far back as the time of the Invasion of Naboo, thirty-two years before the Battle of Yavin. That year, Fortuna attended the Boonta Eve Classic, which his master hosted to commemorate the Boonta Eve holiday. From his master's private balcony, he witnessed the victory of a local human boy named Anakin Skywalker against the reigning champion Sebulba.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Trouble with MercenariesEdit
During the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance, the Twi'lek remained in Jabba's service. At some point between the Battle of Yavin and Battle of Hoth, Fortuna contacted the Tatooinian mercenary Saponza and his partner in the name of Jabba. The two men had reacted violently to the presence of Jabba's henchmen around Saponza's homestead, killing six of them. Fortuna let the two mercenaries know they had made an enemy of his Hutt master. Some time later, Jabba's henchmen razed Saponza's estate to the ground in retaliation, and the majordomo contacted Saponza once again to gloat over his misfortune and warn him that Jabba's revenge was not over.
Trouble at the Great Pit of CarkoonEdit
Later in the war, Fortuna greeted two droid visitors to his master's palace. Those two mechanical units, called C-3PO and R2-D2, claimed they had a gift for the Hutt. The majordomo demanded that they handed over that present to him so he could bring it to Jabba, but the droids answered their instructions were to give it only to the crime lord himself. Fortuna ended up leading the droids into the throne room, where they delivered a holographic message from their owner, the Rebel hero and fledging Jedi Luke Skywalker. In the message, Skywalker asked to bargain for the life of his friend Han Solo, whom Jabba detained, offering the C-3PO and R2-D2 as a gift. Fortuna would later admit Skywalker himself Jabba's Palace, despite having been given explicit instructions not to do so until after he had finished his nap. Fortuna was influenced by Skywalker's mind trick, though he was not as weak-minded as some of Jabba's other guards. Skywalker only succeeded in his mind trick by finding and exploiting Fortuna's weak point, his strong loyalty to his master, Jabba.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV
- Star Wars: Commander (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi Read-Along Storybook and CD (Appears in illustration only)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Race on Tatooine"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- I Am a Droid (Picture only)
- I Am a Jedi (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ screenshot)—The tweet in question refers to the number of in-universe years between the canon films and television shows. Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, in which the Battle of Yavin appears, is set as Year 32. Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, in which the rescue of Han Solo takes place, is set as Year 36. Using simple math, it can be deduced that Han Solo's rescue and Jabba's death took place four years after the Battle of Yavin. . “0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36” (
- ↑ (Image 10 of 10)
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!