| Physical information
|Points of interest|
Biitu was an agriworld in the Cassander sector of the Outer Rim Territories. It was home to several species of plants, including a fruit tree that produced an orange-colored, edible fruit, and a green-stalked plant that produced a yellow, cylindrical crop. Both of these species were cultivated by the native Biituians. The planet was also home to an orange-plumed, flight-capable bird, a yellow, burrowing reptile, and the timid Biituian fen-hare. Mungo Baobab, a visitor to the planet, rode a rockhopper while scouting out on the planet's surface.
Biitu was a low-tech agriworld. During the Outer Rim Sieges of the Clone Wars, Jedi General Traavis led clone forces to war against the CIS on this planet. When Mungo Baobab discovered a valuable fuel source on Biitu, the Galactic Empire dispatched a gigantic evil droid called the "Great Heep" to capture Mungo and take control of the planet and turn it into a wasteland. With the aid of a small boy named Fidge and his pet, Chubb, the R2-D2 and C-3PO devised a daring scheme to free Mungo, defeat the forces of the Empire and liberate Biitu from the Great Heep. During the Galactic Civil War, the Rebel Alliance kept a small outpost on Biitu from where they could launch supply shuttles to nearby systems, since it was a planet the Galactic Empire had generally ignored after the incident with the Great Heep.
- "A Small Scrappy War!"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.33
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Great Heep" (First appearance)
- Slave Ship (Indirect mention only)
- George Lucas: The Creative Impulse
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Unknown Regions