- "Don't waste my time with flattery, Grammel. Since the Emperor dissolved the Senate, we regional governors have been overwhelmed with work."
- ―Essada, to Grammel
Bin Essada was a Near-Human male who served as the Imperial military governor of the Circarpous system. After learning from Captain-Supervisor Grammel that Princess Leia Organa and Luke Skywalker were present on Circarpous V, he contacted Darth Vader.
- "I have important news for you, Lord Vader."
- ―Essada, to Darth Vader
Widely famed as an expert on unusual radiations, Bin Essada served as an Imperial military governor presiding over the Circarpous system, based on the territorial admintrative world of Gyndine. In the year 2 ABY, he received a First Priority communication from Captain-Supervisor Grammel, the commander of the Imperial garrison on Circarpous V.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "What business do you have that requires First Priority with me? It had better be important, Captain-Supervisor Grammel. I know you now."
- ―Essada, to Grammel
Essada was an overweight, swarthy man, whose most outstanding feature was a series of chins falling in steps to the upper part of his chest. It was suspected that, while he appeared Human, his origins may not have been so, hinted at by his perpetually squinted dark eyes, which featured pink pupils ever sensitive to light. He had curling black hair, touched with white at the sides and dyed orange in a spiral pattern on top.
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First appearance)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 2 (First pictured)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Anakin Skywalker: The Story of Darth Vader
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 240 ("Essada, Bin")
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Splinter of the Mind's Eye
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Rebellion
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Splinter of the Mind's Eye 2
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Splinter of the Mind's Eye to the year 2 ABY.