Bioluminescence was the production of light by certain living organisms. Typically, those organisms thrived in environments where light was limited, such as deep sea beds or caverns. Bioluminescence was used for a variety of purposes, including attracting pollinators and prey.
Because the planet of Umbara was constantly submerged in darkness, bioluminescent plants like the Zabrak spine were common there. Such plants were also common in the darkest depths of Mon Cala's oceans, as exemplified by the Mon Cal microplankton.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars 47: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part IV
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- "Turning Point"—Star Wars Insider 169
- "The Wine in Dreams"—Canto Bight
- "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing"—Canto Bight
Notes and referencesEdit
- Bioluminescence on Wikipedia