Bioluminescence was the production of light by certain living organisms. Typically, those organisms thrived in environments where light was limited, such as deep sea beds or caverns. Bioluminescence was used for a variety of purposes, including attracting pollinators and prey.
Because the planet of Umbara was constantly submerged in darkness, bioluminescent plants like the Zabrak spine were common there. Such plants were also common in the darkest depths of Mon Cala's oceans, as exemplified by the Mon Cal microplankton.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- "The Wine in Dreams"—Canto Bight
Notes and referencesEdit
- Bioluminescence on Wikipedia