- "Do not call our servants technology. We serve the gods, and other living things serve us."
- ―Tsavong Lah
Biot was the phrase the Yuuzhan Vong used when referring to their biotechnology.
The Yuuzhan Vong insisted that their technology not be referred to as such, since technology had mechanical connotations for them. One example of these living servants of the Yuuzhan Vong Empire were the divination biots used by the Priest caste and their seers who used these creatures as a means of determining the future under the dictates of their religion.
Behind the scenesEdit
The term "biot" was originally coined by Arthur C. Clarke in his 1972 novel Rendezvous with Rama, as a portmanteau meaning "biological robot." The biots reappeared in the sequels two decades later, Rama II, The Garden of Rama, and Rama Revealed, as well as the Rama computer game.
- Star Wars: Invasion 3: Refugees, Part 3
- Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- "Or Die Trying"—Star Wars Insider 75 (Mentioned only)
- The Final Prophecy
- The Unifying Force
- Millennium Falcon
- Star Wars: Legacy 12: Ghosts, Part 2