A bipod was a two-legged stand that was attached to the barrel of a rifle or a heavy weapon. It steadied the weapon to facilitate aiming and firing. Normally, it was used while prone or adjacent to waist-high or chest-high cover. A bipod could also be used as a mount for heavy weapons such as heavy repeating blasters.
Behind the scenesEdit
The image shows a custom-made Verpine sniper rifle with a bipod, made by the U.S. soldier Raymond Ramirez, a fan with a special connection to Karen Traviss and Star Wars. He made a Verpine sniper rifle on Karen Traviss' request which she posted on her livejournal.com blog - the entry has, unfortunately, been deleted, but an image of the weapon can be found at photobucket. Ramirez's blog has been featured on StarWars.com, where a smaller image of the Verpine sniper rifle with bipod can be found. One of his blog entries goes deep into the weapon's functions.
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "bi-pod")
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Scum and Villainy (sourcebook)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- Bipod on Wikipedia